Georgian Mystery offers you also wine tours giving you a unique opportunity to get familiar with wine making process and visit vineyards and cellars. Such tour covers the most attractive vineyards in the country, in particular in Kakhetia and Imereti regions. Here, we would like to highlight that wine making in Georgia dates back to 7 thousand years and a wine toasting became a legend and real art.
We will give you a chance to try different species of wine, not only the most famous and available in the shops but also those which are rare and available only in few villages in Georgia, praised for their taste and health valuables. You will be able to purchase some bottles during such a tour.
While sightseeing we will not avoid some contact with history of the visited places and show you wine museums, old cellars and factories producing a few hundred litre clay jugs (Kvevri) which are kept underground and serving for storing of wine in a traditional manner.
We need 2 to 4 days to show you the country famous from its great wine culture. Below we present you an example programm of the wine tour in Georgia. Separate elements can be changed or completed freely. All details we specify individually during mail correspondence or telephone call.
28.07.2012 arrive to Tbilisi;
- transfer from the airport to the hotel,
- visit the oldtown with the most interesting monuments,
- welcoming dinner in the traditional restaurant,
- accommodation at the hotel in the oldtown.
29.07. Kakhetia and Teliani Vally (wine region);
- after breakfast, trip in the region Kakhetia,
- visit vine cellars in Teliani valley - Telavi (wine testing):
1. Chateau Mere,
2. Schumi WineCompany,
3. Schuchmann Wines,
4. Teliani Vally.
- visit the Ikalto monastery from VIth c. with academy (where study Georgian writer Shota Rustaveli),
- visit one of the biggest monastery in Georgia Alaverdi from VIth c.,
- accommodation in the agrotourism (wine testing, production of churchhela - nuts in wine juice and bread making).
30.07. Sighnaghi – Kakhetia;
- visit the Gremi and Nekresi monasteries,
- visit the wine cellars in Teliani Valley:
1. Kindzmarauli Corporation,
2. Winery Khareba,
3. Velistsikhe Veranda
- visit the wine museum Numisi,
- trip to Sighnaghi and visit the oldtown (Bodbe monastery),
- coming back to Tbilisi and accommodation at the hotel.